Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Angel

Make friends with the angels, who though invisible are always with you. Often invoke them, constantly praise them, and make good use of their help and assistance in all your temporal and spiritual affairs. - Francis De Sales, St.

Did I say I'd be busy for some time? Well, I forgot about the Diwali weekend, it seems. :-)

As I sit to blog again, this time to write about Chelsea football club, the Angel on the wall catches my attention (yes, I CAN see it!). I think I shall write a short note of appreciation for the Angel instead, who selflessly stood by me through those hours of agony, held my hand and walked me out of the creepy maze I had gotten into. (held my hand metaphorically of course, NOT literally)

The events took place a coupla months back, at the height of the flood situation. As the flood raged down the adjacent river, the Insects Confederation of the area declared an emergency baithak. Their boss announced, "We won't be able to live here for much longer, our homes are going to get flooded. Let's shift from here to Morpheus' house on the 7th floor. I heard from a source that he's terribly scared of us. With numbers on our side, we might even be able to scare Morpheus out of his home and keep his apartment all for ourselves."

And thus began the exodus. As the river level slowly arose, tens of hundreds of creepy crawlies marched up the wall into my apartment. I was petrified! I bought and sprayed one can of insect killers after another, but to no avail. I couldn't eat, walk, sit, or even bathe in peace. I would keep the windows and doors fastened, but still they'd come in from some nook or cranny. For a moment, I did contemplate running away from the apartment, but that's when the Angels came and rescued me out of my misery and predicament.

Like silent warriors, these angels took on the insects, and crushed their resistance. With Hitlerish sureness, they sniffed out every single insect, devoured them, and wiped their sorry asses away for good. Today my room is back to being just like it used to be in the days of yore - a tad (tad?) dirty, but completely insect free. :-)

Dear Angel and all your angel pals, I can't give you a hug, but I really owe you one...








4 comments:

Id it is said...

Great read!
May your 'angels' look over you!

Devang said...

You better be outside of India for forgetting Diwali to be a non-offense.

Vijayeta said...

Lol...i need pest control desperately too in my apartment! Just no time... Interesting catching up on yr blog after a long time!
V

Anonymous said...

No new updates for long!