Monday, December 17, 2007

Commencement Speeches

Many of us would have watched and/or read Steve Job's "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish" Stanford 2006 Commencement speech. The speech stirs up a new vigor and determination each time one reads it. I came across this site which lists some of the best Commencement speeches delivered at various US universities in recent times. They make a good read, especially when one is felling lazy and direction less.

While most of these speeches are generalist in nature, I found the recent talk delivered by Joel Spolsky at Yale Computer Science department quite engrossing because mixes very well the specificities of earning a Computer Science degree with the generalities of software profession. My own graduation day is just 3 months away. I wish that someone could deliver a similar speech pertinent to MBA context on that occasion. There is still a lot I don't understand about how my professional and personal life will shape up as a result of my undergoing this curriculum. Need some honest soul to cut to the chase.

1 comment:

Id it is said...

How about J. K. Rowling's Commencement Speech at Harvard this year...
It has gotten mixed reviews, including one from me that I posted on a few months ago.
Good to see you back.