The world as it exists on Facebook is almost utopian.
- Every person looks the best they could and always smiling in their photos
- Somebody is traveling to Antarctica, somebody is skydiving, somebody cooked dinner with friends, somebody went to underpriviliged children's school, somebody just hung out with buddies
- Somebody is getting married, somebody is having a baby shower, everybody comments "both of you look very good together"
- Nobody feels jealous of anyone, every one "likes" what others are doing
- Flame wars on political debates, religion etc die down even if some renegade has the guts to bring it up
- Nostalgia rules, old photos of childhood, forgotten songs are all sprayed over
- Very few people seek angst or existentialism, even when they do -- its subtle. A coded message here, a small poem there. And it doesn't disturb the fabric of this utopian world.
- All smiling faces, everybody's life looks content with no worries
There was a time when movies sold us dreams. Its now our friends through their profile photos.